[AT] Getting water out of a gearbox/now bearing life

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Fri Jun 5 18:13:01 PDT 2015

rlgoss at twc.com wrote:
> You mean I'm actually supposed to use that remote IR thermometer for
> something besides exhaust temperature on small engines? Thanks for
> the reminder, Mike, I'll carry it along while trailering to tractor
> shows.  It's ready-made for checking tire, bearing, and other
> temperatures on long trips.
>

> Larry

They are very handy, dragging brakes, bearings, even tire issues.
Cooling problems, exhaust temps on converters. I've used mine to check
breaker box temperatures as well as outlet boxes when we get the "I
smell something burning" calls in the FD. That high dollar FLIR camera
we have is great but the IR unit fit's in my pocket!

--
Steve W.