[AT] Getting water out of a gearbox

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:54:06 PDT 2015

I doubt straight air would blow out the milky mess he likely has in there.
You need a solvent to break down the oil component and something with
alcohol to absorb the water component. And I agree Mike, diesel or kerosene
and heet would be much safer (though gas is a great solvent when used with
care). Maybe you can find that little plug shown in the diagram. It looks
like an allen plug, which could be hidden under crud. If you do find it,
you can get it really clean by soaking with your solvent a while then
draining out the bottom and then blowing it out from the top through the
bottom.

Warren