[AT] Plowing

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Jun 29 06:01:50 PDT 2015

Dennis, snap coupler wasn't on the plow unless someone put the wrong
decal on it.  There might have been a pointed end on the plow tongue
that had a notch in it that slid into a bracket on the back of the Super M.
The snap coupler hitch used on Allis Chalmers was a bell with a hook in it
up under the tractor.  The tongue of the plow had an oval ring on it that
slid
into the bell and "snapped" the hook up through the ring to couple the plow
to the tractor, thus a "snap coupler"    If you had one of those it was
either on
a WD 45 or CA Allis Chalmers or a later model D series Allis unless someone
cobbled one onto a Farmall M in their shop.   Two my knowledge Allis did not
designate the plow as a "snap coupler" plow.  It would have had a number
and  that numbering sequence escapes me right not.  Being a 3 bottom plow
it would have been something like a 3-53 plow.

Charlie