[AT] Plows, was Re: Supervision

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sat Jun 27 15:18:30 PDT 2015

The 720 plow was a newer version of the 450. It came as an automatic
reset or a toggle trip (had to back up to reset bottom) .  The big thing
about this plow, at least in our area, was that it had the best trash
clearance of any plow around, and most were sold with 18 inch bottoms.
They also pulled fairly easy and did a very good job of turning the
ground. They shined best in corn stalks. Earlier they made a 710 which I
had once; a real piece of junk, it plugged real often as it had poor
clearance and the tail wheel ran on top of the ground instead of in the
furrow making depth control very hard. Everything wrong with the 710 was
corrected on the 720 and then some. If you google 450 and 720 plows they
have some pictures of each to look at.
      Greg Hass