[AT] OT pocket knives

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 05:29:41 PDT 2015

I have been carrying a pocketknife daily, routinely, almost religiously,
for all of my adult life.  I have had a few nicer ones, notably an older,
possibly antique 3-blade Buck pocketknife, but the one I keep coming back
to is the Swiss Army Knife "Tinker".  It is the perfect size for the hand,
with four tools on the front (2.5" and 1.5" blades, bottle opener/larger
screwdriver, can opener/smaller screwdriver) plus two tools on the back (an
awl and a real Phillips screwdriver).  Plus the little toothpick and
tweezers of course.  This knife comes out for use every single day,
sometimes as many as half a dozen times or more.  I feel naked without it,
and in fact that's pretty much the only time I am without it.  This is not
just a knife, but a system I created with the addition of two tiny LED
"keychain" flashlights, each about 1/2" diameter and about 2-1/2" long