[AT] OFF-TOPIC. Wheel bearings

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sun Jun 7 12:05:00 PDT 2015

I have a Dodge 3500 with about 300 K on it. Never wheel bearings still original as far as I know. Had an Envoy with over 200 K on it, that was working fine with no problems until kids of person I sold it to ran it without oil.
Have Chevy C30 with about 200+ K on it - bearings OK. Redoing engine  because it was stolen by someone who did not know how to drive a manual and ran RPM up so valves floated and burned. It does need bearings in transmission.
My son's V10 Dodge 3500 just had the bearings replaced at about 200 K as part of some routine maintenance when doing brakes. That was work to change them.
Have Buick Gran National with 130 K on it - not bearing problems except for turbo bearings - needs 4th change of turbo beatings.
Have El Cameno with 175 K on it - rear axle bearings on it do need replacing. Looking at replacing entire drive train with 350 LT1 from donor car when I get more some other projects done first.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad