[AT] 801 Ford ignition

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Fri Jun 5 19:57:16 PDT 2015

This evening I was going to help a friend install a tune up kit on a Ford 801. It was not getting spark and not running.
Pulled of old parts, and installed new kit. Cranked and heard a little noise, but was not starting. Did not have spark at plugs. Checked and was getting a good spark coming out of the coil wire. Thought this was odd, so I pulled of distributer cap, and found the new rotor in multiple pieces. First time in 50 some years I have seen that. Tried old rotor but still not spark coming to plugs.
The new distributor cap fit is very tight. There is a tab that goes in an alignment notch in the point cover piece. The new part almost needs to be tapped on to get it over this point cover. I am not convinced there is not something wrong with the new cap.
I thought the distributor and rotor were very simple things, but beginning to wonder now.
Ran out of light, and into too many mosquitoes, so will try again later this weekend.
Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad