[AT] Getting water out/ RVing breakdowns.

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Fri Jun 5 18:00:23 PDT 2015

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 6:36 AM, charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thomas,  I agree there are merits in being able to tear it down,
>> inspect it and replace if necessary.   I don't do any RV'ing...
>> yet... but I've given it much thought and my sister and BIL do.
>> I think if I ever decide to do the RV trick and head out west to
>> the remote areas I'll plan on having a fair amount of spare parts
>> loaded up somewhere.  I know space and weight matter too so it's a
>> tradeoff.  I'd like to have some way to weld, some jacks and jack stands
>> as also.
>

> Charlie, this scares the hell out  of me, but here you go:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV5oLPLUzrM
>
> SO

No different than DC stick welding. I thought about this a bit when I
used to do the "please help me I'm stranded" routine with the family in
the early 90's. I bought a spool gun. Rigged it with flux core wire and
added longer cables. Wrapped in bubble wrap it would tuck into one of
the old style rounded helmets. Tossed it into a duffel bag with a couple
wire brushes and some flat stock. Used 1 battery and would weld pretty
well. Mentioned it a few times in different places.
Lo and behold a couple years later...  you could buy:
http://readywelder.com/

--
Steve W.