[AT] Tractor OEM filters/Eco Diesel

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Wed Jul 29 07:36:32 PDT 2015

From http://www.dieselhub.com/news/ford-owns-cummins.html   "For one reason or another, this is a common myth. The notion that Ford Motor Company owns Cummins could be derrived from the fact that Ford was a minority shareholder of Cummins stock in past, or that Cummins has supplied engines for Ford in the past. Yes, you can purchase a brand new Ford with a factory installed Cummins diesel - so long as you're in the market for one of the company's F650/F750 medium duty trucks. Ford has long offered Cummins diesels in their medium duty platforms, side-by-side with the 7.3L Power Stroke and later 6.0L Power Stroke. In fact, the 6.7L Cummins Turbodiesel is the only available diesel engine in the 2011+ model year F650/F750 (Ford does not offer their own 6.7L Power Stroke). Ready for a curve ball? Allison transmissions are also offered in the F650/F750 models!
Cummins set the record straight in their May 2013 newsletter, outlining that Ford Motor Company had purchased 10.8% of the diesel engine manufacturer in 1990. In 1997, those shares were bought back, and as such Ford has not owned a stake in Cummins since. Think of it as an investment for Ford, rather than a strategic move. Beyond the medium duty market, there are no additional ties between Ford and Cummins. If you were told that Ford owns or has owned Cummins, your source was wrong.
	 Dave