[AT] Work lights

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Tue Jul 28 11:06:47 PDT 2015

I happen to like the LED bulbs and lights for everything, Len.  I have had very good results from using the LED work lights from Harbor Freight and Menards.  Lowes even has three-way LED bulbs for sale that are a screw-in replacement for the old incandescents.  They are initially expensive, but over the years they will save you money because of the low energy usage.  Batteries Plus has changed their name to Batteries + Bulbs, and those stores have an excellent variety of LED bulbs for sale in every configuration you can dream of.  Find a store close to you and visit it if for no other reason than to browse through their light comparison displays.

Larry
---- Len Rugen <rugenl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I used a drop light for about 30 minutes and blew 3 bulbs.  These new bulbs burn out at nearly any movement of the light. I can't seem to find the "Rough Service" bulbs now, I guess they went the way of the do-do bird.

Has anyone tried the LED bulbs in a work light?  I hate to experiment with an expensive bulb if they won't last.  I've tried the curly pigtail bulbs, but they don't seem to make enough light for the size that will fit in my light.