[AT] Tractor OEM filters/Eco Diesel

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 27 16:01:35 PDT 2015

According to the late model Ford oil specs, you have to use that 0W-20
or 5W-20 because the timing chain tensioners will blow out at cold
startup with the heavier oil.   I have a 2000 5.4 that has a different
setup, if you use that 5W-30 like they specify, it rattle like a jackass
in a tim barn for the first 5 seconds after startup.    I use 15W-50 and
don't have any problems until I let someone else change it

Cecil in OKla