[AT] Gas can rant

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jul 19 18:11:45 PDT 2015

I keep gasoline in 5 gallon plastic cans since everything but the atvs
and the lawnmower stuff and the sprayer are on diesel.  The worst thing
is losing that little yellow cap when the cans get hot and then you
cannot find a replacement.   I found a cap from a new hyd hose fit one
of them.   If y ou try to buy a new nozzle for one, it costs nearly the
price of a new can.  I used to use the old metal oil cans, but over time
they develop leaks at the seam.  Water sets in the seam on mist because
the bottom is dished up into the can.   I found a posting where a guy
drilled a hole in the can and then pulled a tubeless tire valve with the
core removed through the top of the can and put a washer on the outside
to keep the valve tight in the hole.  you use the valve cap to get the
vent...

Cecil in OKla