[AT] New Holland TS110 saga continues.

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jul 17 13:08:45 PDT 2015

Received the head from Wenger's for the TS110 late Friday.  Waited until
Sat morning to look at it.   Good thing.  It was noted that it Mag
tested OK, but it was a magna-fluxed boat anchor.  It appeared it had
water in it  for a long long time and they just bead blasted it.  The
combustion chamber was pitted and the valve seats were beyond repair.  I
looked at my old head again and found that the guide area was cracked on
the cylinder that broke the valve.  Also found that the head had been
worked on before, it had some different valves and had some chunks out
of the head near the valves on another cylinder.  This is the tractor
that i bought showing 1200 hours and now has 2000 hours.

I found a good machine shop that does oil patch diesel engines and
yesterday morning dropped the head off with all the seat information.
I have a valve seat installing machine but have never used it, I did not
feel like learning on this head.   I picked the head up after lunch
today ( yeah fast service was my thoughts) and for only another $410  it
was ready for the all new valves springs rotators and keepers.
Hopefully If I can last through the heat ( 110 heat index here today )
I will have it running by Monday.

If you ever order a part such as a head or block from a company, have
them send some high def pictures before you commit to buying............

Cecil in OKla

---