[AT] OT pocket knives

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Tue Jul 14 17:03:12 PDT 2015

Oh yes -- Graphical Calculus.  I may not have had the same problem, but I experienced the same exercise.  When I was a freshman at Purdue, all four members of BALT publishing were teaching there.  Warren Luzadder was the first professor I had for a class.  When I started teaching there in 1963, Merle Bolds, Norm Arnold, and Warren Luzadder were still on the faculty. Frank Thompson left for a few years and then rejoined the department after retiring from LTV.  Merle Bolds got me into singing with SPEBQSA. Norm was often seen carrying double-size masters around the department as he prepared new manuals.  Warren and I became co-authors of textbooks and workbooks (along with Ken Botkin) and I spent many hours with Frank Thompson trying to absorb as much of his practical expertise as I could.  Those were memorable days, Charlie -- really!

Larry