[AT] Haybine arrival

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Jul 13 06:27:43 PDT 2015

David, this bridge is as long as the Bonner bridge but luckily
is 2 lanes each way and divided.  Still with 12' traffic lanes and
about 3 feet on each side there is only about 30' for a really wide
piece of equipment to pass through and traffic backs up behind them.
They remove the grain headers from their combines and haul them on
trailers.  That helps.  Thankfully North Carolina recognizes the importance
of farming and doesn't make them get wide load permits to transport
equipment.  A logging company these days spends thousands of dollars
in permits and escort costs just to move their equipment from one timber
tract to the next.

Charlie