[AT] Haybine arrival

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:07:29 PDT 2015

John,  there is a farmer down the road from me that tends a lot of small
farms spread over probably a 15 mile radius.
His equipment is big and they spend a lot of time transporting.  One guy I
know worked for him for years and loved
working on the farm but the stress of having to drive down the two lane
roads and across big bridges dodging cars,
trucks and mailboxes was more than he could handle.  He quit and moved to
another county that has bigger farms and
went to work for a farmer there.  The guy was about to have a nervous
breakdown.   There is a lot of traffic on our
road and there are mailboxes on both sides.  He'd be moving a folded up disc
harrow that was still 14' wide or so folded
or a large combine, etc. and there'd be 50 cars lined up behind him, tractor
trailers and more cars coming the other way and no where to get off
the road because there is a mail box every 100 feet for about 5 miles in
each direction from the farm shop.  Add to that
a high rise bridge about 2 miles long.  It doesn't seem to bother the rest
of the farm help but this guy just couldn't deal with
it.

Charlie