[AT] OT pocket knives

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jul 12 11:24:17 PDT 2015

John:
That single blade lockback is a good design and made by a very good
company.  I keep one of those to carry as my Sunday go to meeting
knife.  The lockback design is especially good for someone who is ot
really familiar with the many uses a good knife is put too.  I cut my
index finger of my left hand to the bone when the large 3 blade stockman
Case knife folded on me when I was cutting the top on a bucket to remove
it.  That was the event that started me carrying lockback knives.  I
have carried a pocketknife since I was in first grade.  That was 57
years ago, and all boys carried a knife.  You only had it out at recess
or to sharpen your Big Chief pencil.  It was never used as a weapon.  In
fact it was many years later before I even thought of using one as a
weapon.

I commend you for getting him started with the tools needed to work
with...   I would bet that my knife is used an average of 2 times an
hour during my waking times....

Cecil in OKla