[AT] NH Haybine question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 3 06:19:37 PDT 2015

Spencer, have you ever seen anyone haul a racing hydroplane on a trailer?
They turn them up at about a 45 deg angle on the trailer with one pontoon
on the trailer and the other one up in the air until the overall width is
less
than 8'6".   I'm thinking maybe you could do the same.   Put the haybine
sideways on the trailer and then tilt it up so that the tongue goes up in
the
air until it will work.  You'll need some cribbing and plenty of chains and
binders
but you've got that I'm sure.   If your trailer is a flat bed type and is
not over about
2 feet high and if the overall length of the haybine is 10' or so you should
be able to
do it and not hit any overpasses with the end of the tongue.   Looking at
pictures of
a 467 it looks like maybe you could put cribbing under the rear axle and let
the haybine
rotate on that cribbing.  You might need to take the wheels off the axle.
I don't know.  It may be a little tricky to rig it but it's worth thinking
about.

Charlie