[AT] NH Haybine question

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jul 3 06:50:13 PDT 2015

On 7/3/2015 5:34 AM, Gene Dotson wrote:
>      Spencer
>
>      I bought my 479 haybine from 30 miles away. I towed it home behind my
> Jeep Grand Cherokee. Had no problem, just had to watch for mailboxes on the
> narrow county roads. Also got my New Idea hay rake and towed it home from 45
> miles away behind the same Jeep.
>
>              Gene

Gene, and Spencer, the 479 Haybine has quite a heavy hitch weight. I
towed mine home with the 81 GMC pickup.
Only about 12 miles on gravel but I was surprised how it made the truck
sit down at the rear bumper. The hitch
does swing over to transport position which helps make it a lot narrower
. Mine has a bent pivot area that
makes it pretty tight to swing over but a block behind the right side
wheel and the tractor persuade it
to swing over.

Ralph in Sask.