[AT] Rollover was Plowing

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Jul 1 06:14:45 PDT 2015

I had a rollover experience some years back. We had an acreage in Oklahoma that was a triangle type lot, with a wide front exposure. Most of it had ditches that had steep sides where you could not mow.
I got a Case 444 at that time, because it was about all I could afford. It had a front snow blade and a box blade in addition to the mower. I made a smaller dirt blade for the front, and a smaller adjustable angle blade for the back, and a ripper. With that I set out to re-contour the ditches so the slope was where I could mow it. Soil there was sandy with much sandstone in it.
Things were going well, and it was therapeutic to get on the Case 444 and move a little dirt, and dig out rocks. Trying to level a slope like this by it's very nature somewhat risky. Moved out some rocks half the size of the tractor. One day 2 things happened together, which is one definition of an accident. The front time fell into a hole from some rock I removed, and the rear blade or box blade caught another rock that lifted it on the opposite corner. I think I bas going downhill at an angle at the time. Next thing I know the 444 was going over, and luckily threw me a few feet away.
Still have the 444. It needs a little TLC

Regards,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad