[AT] off topic, need help on new parts chasing truck.

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 11:20:19 PST 2015

As long as you can get to it with the drill and don't drop the valve in the
cylinder when you pull the keeper off I guess you could. The problem I see
is a piece of grit probably got in there to begin with and caused it to lock
up/gall. Once that happens on a shaft the problem snowballs until the
damaged area gets pretty big. If it hasn't spread really big by now, one of
3 things will happen by spinning it in a drill. The first is no change, the
second is the problem may get better, while not fixed, and the third is it
will finish screwing up up the valve stem and guide. If you want to try,
whats it going to hurt? You'll eventually need a new valve and guide
regardless, I'd never go to the trouble of taking it apart and putting it
back together with polished old parts.

I know what you mean by not having the time to pull it down. How about just
hiring the work done? I find myself faced with that option often when I just
don't have time to do it myself.

If you hook one of those air adapters into the cylinder, can you hear air
seeping by?