[AT] off topic, need help on new parts chasing truck.

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jan 30 20:34:44 PST 2015

Just purchased a 2000 f150 4x4 Lariat supercab 5.4L with all the bells &
whistles.. Previous owner bought it at auction and it started running
rough, they took it to a reputable mechanic who replaced all spark
plugs, coil packs, lifter, rocker, and spring on the #7 cyl . They used
a camera to look at piston to determine if valve had struck piston.
Valve is still sticking. It will start and run fine for 5-10 seconds
then too rough to keep idling. sorta smooths out at 2000 rpm. I talked
to the mechanic who said that they spent over $1000 or work & time
trying to unstick the valve. The valve would unstick when they pulled it
up, but the cam would stick it down.  It runs fine for about 5-10
seconds after starting then runs so rough that it will barely move out
of its tracks. P.O. said that he put a new battery in it and then took
it for a drive to go to the detail shop and it started running rough.
They then took it to the mechanic.  P.O. decided not to put any more
money in it when told that the valve was stuck.Mechanic told me he did
not think valve was bent.

I have posted on Ford truck Enthusiasts forum and only received dumb looks.

Any suggestions??

Cecil in OKla

---