[AT] Chain saw cutting issues

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Jan 22 09:54:08 PST 2015

That "U" in the bar that the chain travels in?  One leg has worn differentially and is now substantially shorter than the other.  For symptoms that are so exaggerated as yours, my guess is that this is been going for a good while and the bar has a mild depression as well. You could flip the bar for momentary relief but a bar replacement is in order.

Teeth filing issues can cause a mild drift, but nothing this severe. I would check the bar immediately.

Spencer