[AT] AC 5015

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Sat Jan 17 23:17:08 PST 2015

On 1/17/2015 4:40 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> This might be helpful:
>
> http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Allis-Chalmers_5015
Great link.  It reminds me of the posters in the Allis dealers
when they changed to Deutz-Allis.  These implied that the Deutz
versions were inherently better because 40% of tractor problems
are historically caused by cooling system issues.  Also remember that there
seemed to be a notable difference in acceptance of the Deutz versions
based on area where sold.  Went to a monthly scheduled used tractor
sale (methinks near Idabel, OK) about 12 years ago and a dealer's semi
from Pennsylvania was parked there with a load of nice looking low time
big Deutz-Allis
models. Seems they had just been sold by an implement dealer in Texas.
The driver told me that they fetched a lot higher price where he was
taking them.

Chuck Bealke
Dallas