[AT] Tire chains

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 19:04:04 PST 2015

Mattias, my post was not very clear. First sentence was about European
tractors (with tracks).  There was plenty of dirt on one or two because they
were in a recently tilled field, and going very fast (and the dust was
really flying).
The other sentences were about stateside tractors that I mostly saw at
Portland, IN show. They were clean and probably not used in the field, and
if they had been in any mud they had since been thoroughly washed.
Approx dozen years ago I passed up tracks for an Allis G; $1100 if memory
serves.  Haven't seen another set since.
They would probably see more use in snow country; they probably perform well
in wet, muddy soil also, however tilling soil that is too wet will pack that
ground preventing its being an ideal seed bed. Herb(GA)

From: Mattias Kessén

<snip>

Herb,
I wouldn't expect much mud, I think they we're mostly used in the forest
during winter (before I was born). It would be mighty cool to have a setup
like that though.
Mattias