[AT] Cold weather starting

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 02:42:01 PST 2015

12 F & 4 MPH wind; about as cold as it gets here (hour north of Atlanta).
Years ago, in central KS,  I am sure there were quite a few mornings with F
Finks weather conditions, when I climbed the silo and threw down a pickup
load of silage for sixty head of cattle.  Sometimes it seemed like more
silage blew back and up into your face than what you had thrown down the
chute. Then unloading into long feed bunks. Dad always kept the pickup well
tuned, so only concern was shift lever bending/breaking, so shifting was
veerrrrry slow.  That was back in the good old days.  Herb