[AT] Cold weather starting

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 7 15:34:40 PST 2015

On 1/7/2015 2:13 PM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> Ralph:
> It started this morning with no ether.  It had set outside with a little
> wind protection, but it was 22deg with a 30 mph wind!!   It had to crank
> about 15 seconds to really get it going.   I had a Massey Ferguson 85
> with the continental diesel.  There was no way that it would start in
> cold weather without pulling it.
Cecil, my Super 90 Massey has the 300 Perkins diesel and I can pretty
well guarantee it would not
start as well as your Belarus without the block heater. Usually once it
gets below freezing I need to plug it in
for easy starting. Probably not enough cranking speed with just the one
battery. No problem
as long as I park it in the shed near a plug in.

Ralph in Sask.