[AT] Red tractor day

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Jan 3 14:38:36 PST 2015

As any of you who have been around my part of North Carolina know, there's no reason to plant wind breaks or hedge rows. Any fallow field will be a field that can't be bush hogged because of tree saplings within four years.

However I am lucky enough to be the proud owner of the only Osage Orange track I know of in the area. I hate that stuff.  To add insult to injury, blackberries love to live around the edges. By the time you were done attempting to clear; you are a bloody mess with ruined clothes.

Has anyone noticed that Osage Orange branches hang exactly at tractor operator height?  Just sayin....

The only upside is the handmade bow makers in the area love it and I have been able to sell a few pieces.

When you were done with yours Dean, please come down and get mine too. Thanks!

Spencer