[AT] Red tractor day

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jan 3 10:35:43 PST 2015

Dean:
I have a 1/4 mile of fence line with over half looking like that picture
of yours.   I am lucky though, as my Cat 110B excavator is still running
fine though leaking at the bucket cylinder!  (That is a $60 and 12hrs
labor repair for me. )  When you grab hold of one of those Bois D'Arc
trees to pull it out, If it does separate from the ground it will have
roots going 50 to 100 ft in all directions.  Most of the time they are
connected to the next trees and on and on........  If you can get a skid
steer with a tree saw you could make pretty short work of it, and save
your  Walnut trees.    I know we have discussed it before, but those
thorns will be a real pain on rubber tired equipment.  I use a product
called Liquitube in my non-ballasted tires to take care of those pesky
thorns...

I wanted to get my fence lines cleaned out and repaired while Dad was
still living to give me some help.  However, he would not hear of it
since he sold all our cattle and was hell bent on selling off this 80 we
live on..   I was always going to move to the larger farm South of here
about 50 miles, but one problem after another with squatters caused me
not to get it done.  Now that I cannot stand for more than 5 minutes due
to my back, I have to get all the fences replaced.  A job that is nearly
impossible for me unless I can do it from an equipment seat...

You have a great place, I wish you well in getting it shaped up to your
needs.

Cecil in OKla