[AT] Paint...

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Thu Jan 29 09:22:58 PST 2015

Farmer,
     I tend to like the original colors and original gloss.  No wet
look.  However, I have no problem with the tractor owner doing it up the
way HE likes it.  Sometimes they are quite interesting.  Like a farmer
neighbor of ours when I was growing up.  He farmed with a Farmall M as
his only tractor.  It must have been a war production model as the paint
was orange by 1950 or so.  One of his buddies had an auto repair shop
that he also did body work and painting.  That M got a very nice repaint
done in automotive paint in a very nice shade of blue.  Talk of the
neighborhood.  It looked the same in 1980 or so when he quit farming as
it did in 1950 other than the usual scratches, etc. from mounting
implements and farming.  Must have been better paint than the IH red.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA