[AT] I hear only crickets...

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Jan 27 14:31:10 PST 2015

Brad, I didn't need to remove the injector pump all the shafts were
accessible by just removing the top, but mine is a Cav pump so I'm sure
yours is different. First thing I did was to spray carb cleaner and use
a brass brush to get the years of crud cleaned from it. The last thing
you need is a chunk of crud falling into the pump. On mine there was a
spring under the cover, that could go into any of 6 holes, 3 on each
end. It was very important to note which holes the spring was in and to
put it back the same way. The repair was really quite simple. I removed
the throttle shaft, and the kill shaft linkage, and removed the two nuts
holding the cover on. Then I pushed the throttle shaft through the cover
and removed the cover, that made it possible to see what holes the
spring was in. Then I took the cover over to my workbench and pushed out
the kill shaft, that is after clearing a space by shoving crap in each
direction. Removal of the o-rings is pretty straightforward, but I did
lube the shafts and the new o-rings with oil before installing them.
Then I just reversed the process and installed the new base gasket. I
will admit that I did snap a few pictures as I was disassembling just in
case my memory failed me. Hope this was some help.

Mike M