[AT] Butt Buggies, snow & ice

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 11:13:38 PST 2015

Gene & others,
Your last sentence reminded me of many years ago, one early/mid-morning a
box semi pulled onto the two lane state highway some distance in front of
us.  A few miles later the ice on top of the box became loose enough (from
some combination of the sun, wind and road bumps) that the next sizeable
road bump dislodged this big sheet.  One of my rules,  'do not follow a semi
very close', sure paid off as that flying sheet of ice probably would have
caused considerable damage to cars sheet metal and glass, etc. had we been
much closer.  Flat bed semis and dump trucks are even more likely to cause
such dangerous situations; one doesn't normally consider such possibility
involving box trucks/semis. Herb(GA)