[AT] Chain saw cutting issues

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 18:43:15 PST 2015

There is sure truth to that, Farmer.  I am always concerned about some
abrasives in the dirt getting between the bar and chain and eating metal.
I started cutting with a Homelite model 17 when I was 12 or 13 and Dad
taught me well about keeping the bar tip out of the ground.

A fella who bought some land from us a couple of years ago took my saw to
help me clear some trees to get old equipment out.  He used it like he
hated machines with a vengeance.  When he started a cut he started from
about a foot away and chopped the chain into the wood with serious force,
and told me how fast he could cut wood.  I ignored that for a bit but when
he cut the bar tip into the ground, I took my saw back, thank you.

Charlie V.