[AT] Chain saw cutting issues

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:49:09 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Charlie V <1cdevill at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, farmer, the story this time is that it may not be necessary to "CHECK
> THE GROUNDS"?  The deal here may to keep the bar and chain "away" from the
> ground.  ??  [?]

I have about 20 acres over in the next county that is all river, trees and
rocks. The river is called Flat Rock River and my part of it is almost all
rock. I have cut wood there off and on since 1965. You have to always prop
a log up to cut it up. If it is on the ground and you cut all of the way
through the chain is automatically well dulled.  :-)  Dirt can be at least
a little forgiving but all of that limestone isn't.  :-)

--

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
robinson46176 at gmail.com