[AT] Allis WD / WC cultivator fit question

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Wed Jan 7 06:26:40 PST 2015

Hi, Farmer! Glad to see you're still around. If you are trying to attach
the cultivators to the front of a WC, you will need two brackets to bolt
to the front "platform" area. As for the lift, you would need the mechanical
lift that bolts to the torque tube just aft of the transmission, along with
the appropriate arm from the lift to the cultivator. The lift has a foot pedal
and rotates 1/2 turn each time you press it. This either lifts or lowers the
cultivator. I have the lift and brackets for my RC, but have not been able to
locate a cultivator. There used to be a fairly large A-C scrapyard in your
part of the country, if memory serves me (not as likely as it used to be),
that was sometimes mentioned on the A-C forum at Allischalmers.com. Someone
there  will probably be able to help with that location.

Good luck,
Phil in TX

--- brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu wrote:

From: "Gunnells, Bradley R" <brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] Allis WD / WC cultivator fit question
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 05:19:54 +0000

Farmer, it's great to hear from you!

I can't answer your question with 100% accuracy but as others have mentioned its likely possible. I have a '45 WC (styled) and its the same frame dimensions as my WD-45. The lift would be the trick. I've seen photos of a gear assembly that mounts to the tube behind the transmission which I assume was for lifting a cultivator. The WD/WD-45 with hydraulics most likely has a much different lift setup.

Brad

Sent from my iPad