[AT] 1955 860 - What is it worth?

Wolf Lahti wolf.lahti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:01:41 PST 2015

It's been a long time since I posted here—don't know that anyone here would
remember me.

I am forced into the position of having to sell my 1955 860 (full-time PTO
and all that), and I really have no idea what it is worth on the market. I
converted it to a 12-volt alternator system. It last ran about two years
ago and has been sitting in the orchard growing lichen ever since.

As far as condition, oil pressure is good in all four cylinders. It tended
to overheat, but it probably just needs a new thermostat. The hydraulics
raised and lowered the full range, but they didn't like to bear any
weight—it could shift the brush hog but not actually get it off the ground.
The power-steering pump is disconnected—it may or may not work. A bad
starter solenoid was replaced, but it still works only when it feels like
it.

Someone has expressed interest in buying it, but he doesn't know what it's
worth either. A quick survey on the Web shows a variety of 860s going for
anywhere from $2500 to $5000, but of course those are restored and all
prettied up.

I'm in northwestern Washington state, north of Mount Vernon and south of
Bellingham.