[AT] Oil dry / Rural King / And even more O.T. stuff

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sat Feb 28 18:07:26 PST 2015

Yes, I do sharpen the blades myself. The BEST information I've come across is at http://www.bchw.org/Tech%20tips/FilerDVD.htm I think that is the link I posted to the list some time ago. About 98.68419% of the information there transfers directly from sharpening a crosscut saw to a drag saw blade. That series of videos (and now a fair amt. of trial and error) and I'm able to do an OK job on the drag saw blades. Typically it takes me about 3 hours to sharpen a blade that has been used and poorly "sharpened" over the years. I'm able to resharpen one that I've done , and then used for s show, in less than an hour. In either case, it's something I really enjoy, so the time spent becomes not much of an issue.
	Dave