[AT] Did we freeze up again?

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Wed Feb 25 16:47:38 PST 2015

I've been using Hi-Tack on both the gasket and the metal mating
surfaces. The only problem I have with it is that it is messy to use and
easy to over apply. The other day I replaced the oil filter housing
gasket on my MF 255. I didn't have a gasket so I made one out of a roll
of gasket material I had. I used the Hi Tack and everything seemed fine,
snugged the bolts up, no leaks. After about an hour of running I notice
it's hemorrhaging oil down the side of the block from the gasket. I
grabbed a socket and was able to snug the bolts up a little more, and
the leak stopped. I didn't tighten them any tighter that I did the first
time, so I wonder if the stuff shrunk a little.

Mike M