[AT] oil dry

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 24 06:58:07 PST 2015

Steve, as you may well know, hardwood ash is caustic and if you trickle
water through it you can make lye.  So keep that in mind.  I'm careful where
I use it but it works pretty well.   I had never tried it on oil until just
recently.
I spilled some diesel fuel on a set of concrete steps and the only thing I
had
close by was a 5 gal bucket full of ash.  It soaked the diesel right up and
left
no trace.  Your results may vary.

Charlie