[AT] oil dry

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sun Feb 22 23:44:04 PST 2015

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> What I've been seeing lately is FDA approved or something like that for use
> in meat processing plants.
> We got some from agri-supply once that was so dusty it seemed we would have
> to add water first!
>
> Think I need to check wally- world to see how cat litter prices out.
>
> John

That is the crap made from wheat or corn based crud. It's also the stuff
that almost caused a BIG bang out in a nuke waste storage facility.

They use kitty litter to stabilize the low level waste and then bury it
in salt. BUT some tree hugger bought the "green" crud and POP went the
barrel...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/05/10/nuclear-waste-leak-traced-to-kitty-litter/

As for oil dri. It's the same stuff as PLAIN kitty litter. The only
difference is the cat litter is ground finer and more uniform in size.
Both are nothing more than kiln dried clay.

"Oil-Dri owns and operates clay mining & manufacturing facilities in
several States in the U.S. Our granular absorbent products are 100%
natural, kiln dried clay with no additives. The all natural minerals are
frequently referred to as Fuller’s Earth."

If you live near a saw mill or a woodworking shop a GREAT mix is 50/50
kitty litter and sawdust. The sawdust absorbs oil as well and it works
to hold the kitty litter together when you sweep it up.

Near a farm where you can get corn cobs? Dried and ground to a granular
powder and you have "Dri-Zorb granular oil absorbant".

--
Steve W.