[AT] you've got to be kidding me!

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 16:53:10 PST 2015

Amen to that!

The IH dealer dad worked for kept a 154 (cross between a Cub Cadet and a Cub
tractor) going for a nearby cemetery. This think should have been melted
down about 10 years before I last saw it. Some weeks it came in the shop
twice a week. The mechanics used just enough bolts on the sheet metal to
barely hold it on. I swear they would have used Velcro if they could have
gotten away with it. Anything that didn't have to be on that machine to run
was left off to speed up repairs. And it was the main machine for the
cemetery. All I can say is I hope they finally dug a hole and gave it a
fitting burial. It certainly deserved a better fate than being scrapped or
parted out. Too bad there wasn't an hour meter on it.

John