[AT] you've got to be kidding me!

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 10:31:51 PST 2015

Nope, I searched the planet over guys,basic kits with no throttle shaft or
venturi are common. IH is the only one that had it listed with a throttle
shaft--way too expensive as is about anything they sell. There are a
gazillion TSX carbs out there, all configured differently. The one I had to
have is for a 959, if all I needed was a gasket, needle and seat, not a
problem. Bates is the only place I found with one in stock and its not on
his website. There were 2 different Marvel carbs for this machine, and the
kits don't interchange. The listing they have online is for the wrong carb.
He sent me the 2nd kit  after he realized there listing only was for one
carb and does not fit both. I even ran into a little trouble sourcing a
venturi, but there are a couple of folks that carry those.  You really need
to go by the tag on the carb. I've even got the old Marvel and Zenith books,
they weren't much help other than determining this one is an oddball.

Life gets real fun when there is no tag on the carb. It took a couple tries
and some photos to figure out what carb was on my dumptruck. As my luck
would have it, the carb shop that supplied the parts said it was the least
used for that application.

John