[AT] Welding Advice

Joe Hazewinkel jahaze at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 08:42:50 PST 2015

OK, I'll jump on here as I am old enough to have to take a pill or two to stay alive (or so I'm told).  I'm a firm believer that genetics has more to do with it than anything else.  My grandparents died in their early 60's due to heart failure, they didn't smoke and weren't overweight, just bad genetics.  Fast forward 40 years, I have two brothers they are "normal", I work out three days a week, don't carry any excess weight and feel great, my blood work says I live the life of a sedentary obese person, and I should be dead in my early 60's just like my grandparents.

So it's pills for me, after going through a few, I am now on Vascepa, which is a clinical strength fish oil.  Best damn thing I ever took, no side effects, and no more joint pain.  You might want to look into it.  BTW, I'm only 45 and hope I can hang on for a few more years.

Enjoy, Joe

Sent via mobile device

On Feb 21, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Dan Glass <dglass at numail.org> wrote:

> Just remember to read the list of side effects before taking a
> cholesterol lowering drug, some of them are brutal.

This whole side effect thing with the Lipitor has been a new (and
unpleasant) experience for me. I am almost never affected by drug side
effects of any kind.
I do a "LOT" of research on a lot of stuff especially medical. On medical
stuff I generally lean toward the larger teaching hospital sites like Johns
Hopkins or Mayo Clinic etc.
I generally add a grain of salt when it is some doctor writing a blog. I
don't ignore it, I just look closely for indications of a possible nut-job.
Most are not but a few slip in.
I add more salt when it is a writer without any medical credentials at all.
Now when it is something I found from a search that is just folks on a
forum or in the comments on a blog site I usually discount those by about
75% right off of the top. You know some of those people... She knows for
sure that her car quit running because her brother-in-law's mother took one
of those pills.
:-)
My cardiologist is turning out to be more common sense than I expected. I
believe he just has some staff that is a little prone to go overboard.
Apparently it was a staff member that jacked my dosage from 20 mg to 80 mg
(the maximum) in one jump. The cardiologist seemed surprised and annoyed
when we talked about it. He told me to stop taking it at all for two weeks
then start back at the 20 mg (which had not been a problem). He would like
for me to then try bumping it up to 40 mg later but said if I had any
problem at all, drop it back to 20 mg.
I've been back on the 20 mg for a couple of weeks now without any problems.
I saw him yesterday and we talked a good bit. I was unable however to
convince him that taking Lipitor was causing low air temperatures and snow
to fall from the sky...
:-)

--

Francis Robinson