[AT] Welding Advice

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Fri Feb 13 05:55:15 PST 2015

Herb Metz wrote:
> Stephen,
> Thanks for the bright worklight idea; I plan buying such light as I am quite
> sure that would benefit my welding. Rechargeable portable or 120 volt
> plug-in?    Herb(GA)

If you have an automatic helmet be careful of light placement. Mine
thinks a bright halogen light is an arc. It will activate then I have to
wait a couple seconds for it to clear again.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is to keep your arms/body covered
while welding. This isn't just to keep sparks and slag from burning you,
it is also to keep the UV radiation from the arc from giving you a burn.
Leather cape sleeves with a bib work real well in hotter weather. They
protect you but are not as hot as a full jacket.

--
Steve W.