[AT] Welding & Forney

Gene Dotson gdotfly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:18:21 PST 2015

    Keith, wish I had a picture of the electrode hand held electrode holder,
Maybe Ralph will post a picture of his.  They are used on the welder to
create a large amount of heat for heating metal for working and preheating
cast iron. Produce a massive amount of heat and light. Early search lights
and even movie projectors used them. Typical electrode size for most torch
work would be 5/16 or 3/8 inch. They will really light up the night. They
are also used in what is known as an air-arc machine that is used with
compressed air for removing massive amounts of metal. We used them at
Rockwell to remove axle spring brackets from mistakes in layout welding and
for spec change.

                    Gene