[AT] Welding & Forney

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 03:42:49 PST 2015

I still use the 180 amp Forney that Dad bought when I was 14 or 15; a
neighbor helped me learn how to weld.  Still have 20-30 vision but can't see
very good for welding. The special instant-change lense hood sure helps.
Most of the farmers around us produced welds that looked as though
maintained a large flock of chickens <grins>.  Hope to spend some time
within the next year trying to weld using friends DC welder. The history of
Mr Forney is very interesting; including the large Forney Museum in Fort
Collin, CO, new location in 2001. Herb(GA)