[AT] Welding Advice

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 9 21:13:44 PST 2015

On 2/9/2015 3:22 PM, Jason wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> You'll be a lot happier with the quality of the weld if you go with a welder
> that uses a shielding gas. With a wire-feed welder there are flux-core wires
> that require no gas but they don't weld smooth and clean and you'll have a
> lot more finishing to do. The gas isn't terribly expensive and lasts quite a
> while as long as you're not in a production line.
>
> Jason
I know my brother does some nice welding with his Mig.
How about this little 110 unit? It looks so convenient and portable.
Should be the real thing for light metal.
Anybody ever tried one of these.?
http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-WS0990-115-Volt-Welder/dp/B002HT1I5I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423544983&sr=8-1&keywords=110+volt+welder

Ralph in Sask.