[AT] Welding Advice

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Feb 9 10:19:42 PST 2015

IMHO the best way to jump in is to take class at the adult continuing education section of the local community college.   Best part is they have all the machines and you can decide for yourself which method (SMAW or GMAW - Mig or stick) you like best, which tools are a must have to start, safety, etc.   plus usually you can work on your own project in the last half of the semester; and they will have the cutting and fabrication equipment that will allow you to fab parts quickly and easily so you can concentrate on learning to weld.

Most instructors are retired and pretty knowledgeable and experienced too.

Good luck!

Spencer