[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?(now GM 5300)

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Feb 7 09:11:08 PST 2015

Follow up to my other reply.   First off, vehicles vary with each one
that rolls out the factory door.  They shouldn't but they do.  That is
why we have the term "lemon".  Also, my truck doesn't have the
variable displacement which I'm sure affects overall performance.
One more thing,  the computers in new vehicles reprogram until they
figure out how the driver drives them so, for example, a car driven
around town by a little old lady will perform differently than an
identical car driven by an 18 year old farm boy.   If the farm boy
drives the old ladies car for a while the computer will make the adjustments
to his driving style, or at least that's how it's supposed to work.
The old saying regarding new vehicles from back in my younger years seems to
apply even more
now than back then "break them in like you want them to run".

Charlie