[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?(now GM 5300)

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat Feb 7 08:49:36 PST 2015

Steve,
     Now you may be on to something there.  My knowitall nephew picked
out this Suburban for his grandad.  I think mostly because he wanted it
for himself.  He was being sent to GM Tech school at the time by the
local Chevrolet dealer and was to work in that shop upon graduation from
the school.  I think grandad was trying to impress the dealer and traded
a near new Tahoe for this Suburban.  Could not have made any sense
financially.  I have found many of these engine control sensors, etc,
screwed up one way or another.  The first thing I had to do was get that
dumb K & N air filter out of there and get the air intake system cleaned
up so the MAF sensor would work correctly.  It has been one thing after
another but so far I have not had to replace anything much.  Just
cleaning connections, etc.
     I have been using only 10% ethanol content fuel since I have had
this thing.  My brother was fueling it mostly with straight unleaded out
of the farm tank(no ethanol) and I do not know what fuel he used when it
was on a trip somewhere.  I will see if I can locate this fuel
composition sensor and change that out.  Even if it required the 400
dollar part and it made it run like folks say it should, I would be
pleased.  Broke, but pleased.  Thanks for the tip.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA